Wish: A Very Short Story in One Photo
Monday October 10 — Autumn Invitations: A 21-Day Daily Writing Journey
Back at work today — long day, therefore a very short story in one photo.
I had the window open while doing my morning practice. My cat started huffing loudly. Outside the window was another cat. They stared at each other for about five minutes.
My kid thinks she was trying to tell this cat to get off her territory.
I think she wishes she had a friend.
What do you think?
I am participating in a 21-Day Daily Writing Journey. You can learn more and join in at anytime here:
Autumn Invitations: A 21-Day Daily Writing Journey (Week 1)
To Encourage Reflection and Balance (and Writing!)
Here are the last week’s invitations (Week 3):
Day 1: Thursday, October 6: Change
Day 2: Friday, October 7: Memory
Day 3: Saturday, October 8: Pause
Day 4: Sunday, October 9: Carry
Day 5: Monday, October 10: Wish
Day 6: Tuesday, October 11: Release
Day 7: Wednesday, October 12: Honor
You can, of course, jump in at any time! Please tag me in your posts if you do!
Contemplative teacher & writer.
- M.A. English // M.S. Kinesiology, Integrative Wellness
- Critically-acclaimed writer, published by St. Martin’s Press, Penguin/Viking, PillowFort TV, and more
- Professor of English and Creative Writing, over 15 years; pre-K, middle school, high school, and college teacher, over 22 years
- ACE-Certified Wellness Coach and Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), speciality in intellectual and creative wellness
- The L.A. Music Center’s Bravo Award Teacher of the Year
I am available for manuscript reads, creativity coaching, and Zoom or phone writing support. Working with writers is my greatest joy. I feel honored that I can offer these services, and I would love to work with you! Learn more here.
Hitting a paywall?
Read every story from me (& unlimited access to thousands of other writers, ad free!) by signing up for Medium, which is like Patreon for writers. Use this link to become a member — your $5/month directly supports writers.